If after trying all the things, your Nook tablet didn’t start working properly, then you have no other option, but to perform a factory reset. You can take Nook help for this process. It will become a whole lot easier with the help of experts.
What’s the need of performing a factory reset on Nook tablet? Well, something must have gone seriously wrong, which forced the person to do a factory reset. But, the question confronts the Nook user is, how to access the factory reset screen because resetting a device to its factory settings in not a simple process.
If a person is not aware of the process, then there is a chance that things may get topsy-turvy while performing a hard reset. Today, we will learn how to access factory reset screen, so that you don’t get bamboozled seeing all those new options that you have never seen before. You can visit www Nook com to know more about the process of performing a factory reset.
The process of performing a hard reset on Nook tablet starts with accessing the factory reset screen. Performing a factory reset will wipe out all the data that was present in the device and will also deregister your device with Amazon.
The settings that were done at the time of manufacturing the device will take place. If you have sold your device to someone else, and want to prepare the device for him/her, then a hard reset will quickly delete all the data that was stored in the device along with the settings that you have made.
You can go to www Nook com account to check what you have stored in your online Nook account. If you want to access the factory reset screen, then you can, from the Nook operating system. If you want to do it externally, then you can press the key combination just as the same as you would use to turn on the device.
Performing factory reset internally:
- Press ‘Home’ button (n) in order to display the quick navigation menu on the tablet.
- In the quick navigation menu, there will be an option named ‘settings’ that you have to tap.
- Once ‘settings’ menu is opened, then tap ‘device info’ option to display ‘Factory reset’ screen. If you can’t find this screen, then you can log onto Nook com support.
- Tap ‘erase and deregister’ option to do the factory reset. You will see a confirmation screen once it is done.
- Tap ‘Confirm’ in order to erase all the data and deregister the device from Amazon. With this, your device will be restored to its original factory settings.
Doing factory reset externally
- Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. This will turn off the device and then, you will have to wait for about 10-15 seconds.
- Now, press and hold power button followed by pressing and holding ‘home’ key. Don’t take your finger away from power button when you press and hold the ‘home’ key. You are going to see a message that, ‘touch the future of reading’. After this message, you are going to see the message displaying, ‘factory reset’. If this message doesn’t appear, then contact Nook customer service.
- Now, press ‘Home’ key in order to execute the hard reset. You are going to see a confirming screen once you perform the hard reset.
- To confirm the reset action, press ‘Home’ key one more time. With this, your Nook tablet gets deregistered from Amazon and the factory settings are restored in the device.
If you come across any issue, then you have the option of taking help from Nook support. Experts will guide you regarding the process of doing a factory reset.